Monday morning. Sitting in front of my trading charts. This week will be quite focused on trading, as I’ll have time up my sleeves. Briefly sharing some of my current routines and also included graphs of actual trading performance for 2018 thus far – nothing astonishing just some grinding.
Several months ago, back in April’18, a long conversation over coffee between my trader buddy and I sparked a number of ideas in my head. We explored various aspects of our respective trading journeys, both of which were now several years in duration.
This is the third part of exploring the themes that sprung up in that conversation. The themes in this post are the rarities of profitable traders and the difficulties in even identifying those likely to be successful.
Realizing it’s already been 3 weeks since my last blog post, here’s a quick update.
Trading continues, though on part-time basis, mostly based on trade setups shared in a trading room. Have been exhibiting good trading behavior. Results are profitable. Doing some coding too. That’s the executive summary. Read on for more details. Continue reading
Time for a review of a batch of trades I completed over the last 3 months. In this post I summarize the performance statistics, illustrate the actual equity curve and provide a Monte Carlo simulation based on the results in the sample thus far.
The strategy is manually executed, but uses code to generate trading signals and to identify stops and targets. It is a trend-following strategy attempting to enter on pullbacks in price, and is predominantly traded on the 4-hour timeframe in the spot FX markets.
In this week’s earlier post, I shared the summary statistics of the trend-following strategy that I have been trading over the last three months. Following that I spent some time reviewing the screenshots of individual trades.
In this article, I share some of the points coming out of this review.
Just over two weeks ago I listed several objectives to work on, as I set aside 5 weeks to spend on developing my trading strategies further. As the hot weather continued in London, I sweated at my desk and made progress on these items in the last fortnight.
In summary, I completed some decent data analysis but it wasn’t as straight forward as I had expected.
In this post I quickly share the second objective worked on. Continue reading