Now that we are 14 days into the new year, here’s a status update on my trading of various currencies and equity indices. Coming to you from my new office location on a crisp Saturday morning. My friend has done me a huge favor by helping me out with a desk in the City!!
Apologies for blogging a bit less lately. There has been so much trading work to do, I have found it hard to make time.
Been battling with self-confidence a bit as of late – I am sure most homo sapiens do from time to time – I am betting on the idea of setting short-term milestone and achieving them will bolster my self-confidence.
Thus, I am setting a list of objectives for the coming week.
Goals for this coming week
Technical Work & Trading Strategies
- Progress along with mean-reversion setups – taken 15 trades in the 2017 sessions thus far. I browsed up over the 30+ screenshots I have taken over the past two weeks – these being executed trades as well as trades as well as setups I noted and passed on, missed out on, or spotted only afterwards. These was very helpful and it’s given me concrete things to work on.
- Trend-following strategies – this has given me nothing but headaches thus far in 2017 – I am hoping that a solid discussion with TraderDi (for whom trend-following is her ‘bread & butter’ strategy) on Saturday afternoon, will provide me with some clarity – presently I feel like King Theoden in Lord of The Rings prior to Gandalf freeing him from the curse. I do have some ideas up my sleeve for that one, but let’s see.
- ‘Continue with continuation’ setups (did you like the play on words?) – my mean-reversion strategy looks out for near identical variables that I need for trading continuation patterns – I traded two continuation setups last week with reduced position size – they both worked.
The Trader & Processes
- Mindset – Attempt to stabilize my mood and confidence a bit better – ensure I get that good balance of work, good nutrition, exercise, hanging out with friends and doing fun stuff, and sleeping! Been reading a bit of Tools of Titans too during lunchbreaks – excellent food for thought!
- Routines and Processes – crack on with all the stuff I have been creating and implementing in 2016 – for example, y documentation and note-taking and the timing of it – I am going to give myself an A+ for that this week – it’s been top notch – I am impressed with myself whilst looking over the 30+ screenshots I created in the last fortnight! Likewise my consistency in getting to bed early, rising at 5am, completing my market preparations and working hard has been pretty darn good this past week!
- Continue settling into my office – after leaving the retail trading office digs, this has been the first week trading alongside a successful hedge fund. I am not actually part of the fund but they have given me a desk & rather spectacular room to trade from. It’s great being surrounded by a different bunch of people who are all part of the industry and working right in the heart of London’s historic financial district, the City.
That’s it for now, folks. Have a good weekend!